What is your experience of Christianity? Do any of the following describe you?
- You know your Bible well and attend church regularly, but find that life is full of dilemmas and puzzles and that in the 21st century it is becoming harder and harder to live a consistent Christian life.
- You love the Lord and his word and want to learn more – you desire to ‘grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ’ (2 Peter 3:18).
- You hear the prevailing messages of society – that there is no God, that science has disproved the Bible, that life is to be lived for your own pleasure – and you wonder whether Christianity really has any answers. Perhaps you are thinking about walking away?
- You feel that the Christian faith is something that should be important, you even want it to be important, but in reality it seems like a set of rules, restricting your freedom and taking all enjoyment out of life. Maybe it has become something to be picked up on Sunday morning and dropped as quickly as possible on Monday?
- You look around at others claiming to be Christians – perhaps in the media or in the national church – and see contradictions or hear mixed messages. You are left wondering who and what is right or even whether there is anything real in Christianity at all.
- You read and think about the Bible, but it seems complex and hard to understand, full of strange words and ideas that don’t appear to have much relevance to your life.
If you relate to any of these points, the Footsteps Blog is for you. It is a place for young people who respect the Bible and want to understand more about what it teaches. The aim is to provide regularly updated content, tackling a range of topics, both practical and doctrinal. We pray that the Footsteps Blog will –
- Encourage you in your Christian faith and help you to have a deeper relationship with God.
- Help you to live Biblically in a challenging and unsympathetic environment.
- Challenge you to think about how your Christianity should impact every part of your life.
- Consolidate and clarify the major Bible doctrines.
- Help you see that in the Bible, God has given you answers for all the questions and challenges society throws at you.
- Reassure you that you are not alone.
Above all, to show that far from being out of date, dull, joyless, or even a set of fairy tales, the Christian faith, as taught in the Bible, is very relevant and is the only way to find real fulfilment and happiness, both today and in eternity.