The Footsteps Blog is primarily for those in their teens and twenties who come from a church background.
Specifically, the prayerful aim of the website is to provide articles and resources (or links to external sources) which will –
- Encourage young Christians to think more deeply about their faith – there is so much to explore and so much to apply to our lives.
- Stimulate and encourage the desire to ‘grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ’ (2 Peter 3:18).
- Provide practical advice regarding living Biblically in a challenging and unsympathetic world.
- Reassure young Christians that they are not alone.
- Respond to current issues.
- Consolidate and clarify the major Bible doctrines.
- Show that in the Bible God really has given answers for the questions and challenges thrown by society.
- Show that far from being out of date, dull, joyless, or even a set of fairy tales, the Christian faith, as taught in the Bible, is true, relevant and indeed the only way to find real fulfillment and happiness, both today and in eternity.
These are ambitious aims. In simpler terms, above all, the desire is that this website will encourage young people in their Christian faith and service, helping them to have a deeper relationship with God. Through this may more honour and glory be given to Him.
‘Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another’ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
It’s also worth reading, Is the Footsteps blog for you? and What the footsteps blog is not!